The Chronicles of the Genesis Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
News

Latest topics
» Drake Valentine Marsee
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:01 pm by Katsa

» Dark Tolerance--SW RPG
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:23 am by Guest

» How to make this site better
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 am by Katsa

» Anna's Apartment
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 pm by Anna Walker

» lets just chat!!
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:45 am by Katsa

» Department of ''Problem Solving''
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:58 am by Katsa

» Supernatural-War RPG
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:56 am by Anna Walker

» The Park
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm by Anna Walker

Navigation
+Home + Members +Profile + Rules +Extended plot +Canons +Application center +Advertise/Affiliate +Attendance checks
Awards!
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 1-92
Female of the month Emma Ashton
Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 10-66
Male of the month Gregory
Role Player of the month Katsa
Affiliates
free forumYOJOE Final Countdown

Department of ''Problem Solving''

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio
Codename: Scavenger
Sex: Female
Allegiance : Government Spy

Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:46 am

Alyss glared at Steele and the fangs in her mouth shot out immediately. She gave off a loud hissing noise and clenched her fists. She moved towards his seated position and moved very close to him, bending in two, so her face was in line with his.

"Don't laugh at me." she snapped. "I've given enough respect to the Government, which has never been returned for three simple reasons. One: I am a vampire, people don't like my staple diet around here. Two: because I am a spy, therefore nobody trusts me. And three: because I look fragile."
Back to top Go down
Radiant
Dedicated
Radiant

Bio
Codename: Radiant (Rad)
Sex: Male
Allegiance : Government

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:07 am

Gregory intended to give him the prototype of the device he just witnessed. It was a real honour for him to receive this, and he would not let it go unnoticed. He waited with commenting until Robinson would return.

Darius calmly rested his elbow on the table and leaned a bit to the front. Meeting a vampire was not as scary as he thought, not that this woman was truly a vampire. He glanced at her pointy teeth.

"If you want to bite a bullet, you could just ask me you know." he began his sarcastic speech. "One: I don't see anyone here caring about that, and unless I missed them you've never had a real 'Vampiric' insident. Two: You're on our side, why the hell should we care about your trust. Three: You just said you're a vampire, isn't that imposing enough for you. The problem doesn't lie with the government, because if you want respect I count at least two people here that will gladly give it."

He wasn't in the mood to be doing this, he never wanted to make such a scene. The subject just required him too, and Alyss had the bad luck of being on the other side for now. The thought of the object he was here for returned to his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Alyss hissed loudly and withdrew, her teeth retracting back into her mouth. She moved backwards and turned away from Steele, irritated.

"Doctor, I don't not wished to be mocked by people who do not know what's good for them. When is he leaving?" she asked, clicking her teeth together.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio
Codename: Pacifier

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Gregory looked at Alyss and back at his boots, rubbing his eyes again.

''I do not like to have two people that are on the same side in one room bickering like little children, but who am I to judge? I am just a scientist, not a judge. I take you in with dignity, respect and companionship.. I cannot say anything about misses Ray or mister Steele, but I would prefer less childplay. You two look like a married couple.''

Gregory turned back to Steele, grinning a bit. It wasn't guessable if he was thinking about the couple-suggestion, or the ''thing'' Darius came for. Some would say Gregory himself didn't even know, and they would be right. While still rubbing his eyes, Gregory continued to talk, not giving Alyss or Darius reason or time to say something.

''Mister Steele, you have to help me a bit here. I am sure that I finished all my tasks, but which one was yours? If it was not the briefcase, then which was one was it? The insertion module? The problem with hot sauce? Seismic activity generator? The James Bond car thing? I have so much stalled here or in the storage room on the other side of the hall with the elevator, you have to tell me what you came for. You see, I do not work with documents, knowing people would only come for what they need. They would not take something from someone else as it owuld not efficiently solve their problem, and I can reproduce anything I ever made. I do make my notes you see. Just not the notes saying whch project is for which person. You could be here for a car, but also for the soy sauce problem.''

Gregory opened his eyes and looked at Alyss and Darius. Both looked kind of confused in Gregory's eyes with the soy sauce remark. Doc Karkarov would explain anyway.

''A long time ago, someone came asking for a way to properly eat soy sauce with sushi they way he or she wanted it. I invented something, but it never was retrieved, so now it is wasting precious space in my inventory, but I cannot get rid of it. It's a strange and interesting device, and if I would not have it if it would be retrieved, I would lose reputation.''

Gregory yawned. His eyes were tiring him with the stinging.

''I am sorry you two. You are both fine company, even more when you two are together, but my eyes are growing weary and between now and 15 minutes, I may not be able to see the difference between mister Steele and misses Ray. Only hear it. So, mister Steele, you are here for?''
Back to top Go down
Radiant
Dedicated
Radiant

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Darius smirked at Alyss. Only just invited into Gregory's department and already hinting to her demands.

"I agree, lets save this for another time. It seems I'm not wanted here anyway."

He did forget what he came here for, if only a moment. Darius stood up, moved towards the door and turned towards Gregory, hinting him to follow him.

"I guess you could say it's the James Bond car thing, if that's what you like to call it. Let's get this done, so I can leave you two for whatever you intend to do."

The door opened and Darius left the room, waiting for Gregory to follow him, he only spoke a few last words to Alyss.

"Oh and if I see the Marshall I'll tell him to seek you out alright, you can count on it. Until another day."

He slightly bowed his head, but did not salute this time. Darius found himself a wall and planted his body against it, waiting for Gregory to follow him.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Gregory remembered the application form sent in by Darius and grabbed his lab coat from the seat. Out of the left pocket, he grabbed a small communicator of sorts, but when he spoke through it, both Alyss and Darius found out it was linked to the com system, with Gregory's voice blurring through the department.

''No Sushi-Stuffer unfortunately, but the one car-mad employee who loved to race in the Aston Martin DB9, go get it now. The collector has arrived and wants to collect his collector's item.''

Gregory blinked a few times, seeing unclear for a few moments. He threw his lab coat over his shoulders like a cape, and with a gentle nod to Alyss, followed Darius. He would have loved to held the door open for Alyss, but he knew she wouldn't follow, at least not directly.

After a few minutes, a large side door to the department opened, where normally big stuff would be taken out of. In the meanwhile..

''Why would she want to speak Judah? And why would you call him for her? You turned bellboy? Do not get me wrong, but with this, I do not want a bellboy to drive it, more of a hellboy.''

The Aston Martin drove in, and the employee did it with flair, letting the engine roar before he turned it off and got out. Gregory sighed and walked to the car with Darius.

''On the outside you implicitly stated it should look the same. You are a smart man. I was planning to paint it like the head of a shark, with flames on the side. The inside still is the same, too, well, when in this mode. Whenever you use it for battle, you can change a lot of aspects.''

Gregory opened the door and let Darius sit at the steering wheel, while taking place on the passenger seat.

''First, I have enhanced the performance of this car. The employee we just saw, ''Sonny'', is a car-freak as you might have noticed. He has tuned and calibrated your car to maximum performance, adding turbo function, nitro and stuff like that. He also took the liberty to install a small laptop screen for functions like MP3, movies, navigation, and more useless stuff you won't use during driving. It is in between seats. However, I also installed a few other gadgets into this car. If you would not have collected it, I would have kept it for myself. It is a powerhouse, comrade.''

Gregory looked in front of him, where the glove box should be, but instead of opening it, he seemed to simply pull it up, and with that, another mechanism activated, giving the doc access to another screen and a keyboard.

''This is linked to your laptop. For when you have another individual sitting here. If not, you an use your touchscreen, but if there is another one with you, like codename Katsa, it might be best if you do the driving and she does the battling. I have added schematics and manuals under your seat, but I advise you do not get it right now. It will take long to read through. This car is armed to the teeth. By booting up the Battle Protocol, you have access to guns attached to various places of the car, hidden under the hood or somewhere else. There are sawblades in your wheels, there are various safety programs, and two features are my favorite. One, a Grenade launcher of sorts, able to shoot explosives out of the front or the back, and Two...a cupholder that will guaranteed never spill coffee. Not even Sonny could shake it with his reckless driving. It holds the coffee stable and has a lid, you see, when you press the cup in. Very ingenious.''

Gregory seemed serious about the cupholder, but would continue a while later. For now, he'd let Darius check the module and the installed features.
Back to top Go down
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Alyss sighed, shaking her head. Men and their amazement with cars, it had always astounded her.
She moved away from the door they had exited from and towards the main lab, where she had spotted a computer from earlier on. The computer was quite large, with scanners and buttons buzzing around it, as the main screen emitted an ice blue colour.
She sat down at the stool in from of it and focused her eye against one of the scanners. A small red line passed over her eyeball and a beeped sounded quietly, as the screen faded to black.
Another image flickered to the screen; a picture of Alyss's headshot and a bio of her powers. She scrolled down the page, looking for the right button and clicked it quickly.
A long, drawn out dialing tone sounded and finally, a quiet sinister voice answered the other line.

"Hello Alyss. How nice to speak to you again." the voice said, in an almost childlike tone.

"Good Evening Marshall, Sir." she replied.

"Why are you back two months early? I specifically assigned that job to you, Alyss."

"I'm sorry, I just-" she began, desperately.

"Quiet."

Alyss stopped talking instantly and sat back into the stool.

"I only cam-"

"I said, quiet." Alyss became silent again. "Please come to the top level immediately. We have things to talk about Miss Ray."

Alyss watched as the computer shut itself down and she rested her head against the computer screen, gulping. She shook nervously, her mind reeling off what he might do to her. God, the things Marshall could do.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 pm

((I apologise. It's really short but good enough for now ))

''Marshall should watch his manners.''

Alyss seemed startled as Gregory was behind her. He had left Darius alone to see what the car could do, he figured it would be much more fun for him too, exploring a car alone. Next to that, when he got out and went for Alyss, he head her talking, sitting with her back towards him. Gregory frowned as he looked at Alyss.

''I do not know why you want to go to him right now. Please endure my questioning, but why visit something you seem afraid of? Glorious leader or not, I do not allow him to touch my patients in any way they might not like.''

Gregory paused for a bit, but seeing he forgot one last detail, he slipped it in really quick. He placed his hands on Alyss' shoulder.

''I can go with you if needed..''

Gregory was about to initialize the Pacification Protocol to make Alyss feel somewhat better. In his eyes, she didn't deserve, nor need to be nervous or afraid. She was brave enough to infiltrate and even fight the rebels, she deserved more.
Back to top Go down
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 am

Alyss looked up at Gregory and sighed.

"I'm sure he just wants to talk to me, that's all. I have done no wrong, I'm sure he'll understand." she said, a smile gracing her face. Although she knew the words were only reassuring herself, she tried to make believe that she wasn't about to walk straight into a punishment.
She turned and walked to the door, before turning silently and looking back at Gregory. "I'll be back down later. And I expect a stiff whiskey." she said, with a wink and a smile.
She turned back and walked out of the door, her skin paling and a grave look of fear spread across her face. Raising her foot to the first step, she prepared for the long walk up, dreading the tense aggravation of waiting to see what would happen, she knew he would like to keep her waiting in suspense. Alyss sighed and began her drawn out walk upwards, hands trembling, but her fangs released. Just in case.
Back to top Go down
Radiant
Dedicated
Radiant

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 1:37 am

Darius went along the explanation of the doctor. He remained silent, mostly only replying in an 'uhuh' manner and nodding at his explanations. He was surprised at the things now built in his car, he even forgot why he felt so nervous up front.

"I'm surprised enough that you even read the paperwork, seeing as I never told you to not paint it, I wrote it down." Darius said astonished, with the recent suitcase paperwork blowup fresh in his mind.

The car sure looked like the one he left for improvement on the outside, but the inside had a lot more technical stuff included. Most of which would probably be explained in the manual Gregory talked about, if he ever found time to read it. For now he was glad enough with the fact he had his ride back.

"For now I best get back to doing something agents do best. Thanks for great job, and I'll make sure Bobo is put to good use." he hinted towards the suitcase now resting on his backseat.

"I think we'll meet again, best of luck until then doctor." he motioned a goodbye and the door slowly closed. A feint "I like those cupholders." could be heard just before the door rested in it's lock.

The engine started with a loud roar and Darius drove off the way the car was brought in.
Back to top Go down
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Alyss leant against the door to the Department, her head still ringing and her side bleeding profusely. She kept a hand held against the wound inflicted near her ribs and stumbled past the doorwary, with great effort.
Her fight with Emma and Brandon had left her broken, literally. She staggered forwards into the Department, her non-swollen eye searching out the Doc.

"Gregory?" she murmured, her words distorted through her bleeding lip. "Grego-"

She stumbled and fell onto her knees, trying not to throw up the contents of her stomach, which was very little. Curling up into a little ball, she fought the darkness that threatened to overtake her. She sat up, leaning her head against a work bench and closing her eyes. She heard banging as her angered shadows threw chairs and machines into the walls, rageful that Alyss had become hurt.
She held the burn on her shoulder, wincing in pain with a hiss. "Gregory?! Little help!" she yelled.

The Doctor was the only guy left she could trust, she hoped he would take her in. She removed her hand from her side and looked at the blood leaking out of her. Standing onto her feet, after straining her elbows to get herself back up. She sat down on a high lab stool and heard a door open from opposite her. Looking up, she saw one of Gregory's intern's holding a clipboard entering the room.

She instantly sprinted towards the young man and held him against the wall. He was good-looking for an assistant, with a good head of thick brown waves and a sharp set of cheekbones. He smiled nervously at Alyss.

"Excuse me , Miss Ray but ple-." he began.

"Where's Gregory?" she snarled. He flinched slightly and she ran a hand over his face, trailing over his neck.

"He's in the lab!" he cried.

A pulse ran under Alyss's fingers and she bit her lip. "What blood type are you?" she murmured.

"O...I think." he panted.

The young vamp closed her eyes, her hand still wrapped around the man's throat. She released it suddenly and opened her eyes. "I don't feel a craving so much. I need it....but I don't want it." she turned to the handsome man and smiled widely. "This is excellent! But...damn, that must be why my healing process is getting slower."

She helped the man up and winced as her side hit the wall slightly. "What's your name?"

"Aire, Miss. Robert Aire." he replied, straightening his tie. Alyss leant against the side of the wall and breathed in and out hard.

"Nice to meet you Robert. Alyss Ray." she said, shaking his hand briefly. She let out a groan and moved herself to the examination table. She swiftly ran her arm over the surface and sent all the things flying to the floor, luckily nothing breakable, just papers. She laid on the table and removed her outer jacket, seeing a massive ripped hole in her white dress. Inside the hole was a large wound that was incredibly deep, ripped open in the fight with Emma.
Alyss rolled her head back and groaned as she touched it, then turned her head to look at Robert. "You know basic medics?"

"Yes, I am a Medical St-." he began.

"Good enough, now please, patch me up, my guts are falling out here." she panted, as the man crossed to the table. As he moved around in the room, she shut her eyes and let out a deep breath. Although she had run away from the fight with Emma, she had kept up with the girl. Maybe after she had fully healed, and wasn't in the first hour of new life, she could beat her.
And she learnt more about the death of her lover also. This Brandon-guy had such a look in his eye when she had talked about him, she knew the Council of 12 had commissioned it, and not rogue rebels. Which means Emma must have helped also. Her blood boiled inside her veins as she thought of the Council she had to take down. She would need help, but she really didn't want it. Hopefully she could rip their throats out with her bare hands, but the chances of 12 on 1 was very unlikely. Although her revenge was strong, and her love for him still burned brightly, she knew her limits.

As the needle entered her skin she flinched greatly, bringing her from her reverie. She closed her eyes and her mind began to wander as Robert pulled her skin back together and helped heal her wounds.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:06 pm

''Back from the dead I see.''

Alyss opened her eyes for a second to see Gregory putting on operating gloves and took out some equipment. She also saw a big bottle of vodka standing on the table where he was placing his equipment. She didn't know what to think of the bottle, and especially not seeing it wasn't even half full anymore. Gregory noticed his attempt to at least keep her eyes on him and not on the bottle had failed, but he wasn't going to hide it either.

''Do not worry. It won't affect me. Sometimes, the power to enhance powers and even cellular activities, like breaking down alcohol, can come in handy. Even gives me more energy... Robert, are you ready? Just as we spoke about earlier today..''

''Sir, that was a theory. Are you sure? We haven't tested it yet!''

''Robert, Alyss knows I am as subtle as a dead fish, that I don't hide my bottles, but she also knows that if I apply something, it'll work. What could possible go wrong? Is this not why I took a medical comrade like you in?''

Gregory turned to Alyss, and smiled a bit.

''I know I might be freaking you out, but don't worry. We're gonna make sure you are fine. This theory is merely a combination of some advanced patching up and my powers. It'll even help your regeneration...and if you need blood, I'm right here. Shall we begin patching you up, driving every teddybear on this earth to jealousy?''

Gregory grinned. His eyes looked a bit...damp. Alyss assumedit was the alcohol, but she was only partly right. Although he would never admit it, it was Gregory's comradeship that did most of that, alongside the alcohol. He only grabbed the bottle after he heard Alyss had been Killed In Action and her body had been taken by Juggernaut for further investigation.

''So...how was the weather at the rebel's base? You sure have a talent for getting out of hotspots. Speaking of hot this might tingle a little, but if I am right, it will only make you feel comfy warm now.''

Gregory's jade green eyes flared up as he was starting up the Pacification Protocol, regulating most biological processes in Alyss' body, keeping the vampiric powers under control at normal level, and increasing the healing aspects of the body, alongside the creation of endorfines, damping any pain that might arise during all of this. Gregory nodded at one of his most talented students and they began the procedure.

''Do not forget Roberts, when the eyes go out, this needs to be done. And seeing my eyes hurt already, I am doubling the protocol, aiming at my body for some extra endorfine. We finish this, and I'll probably be finished too then. So when you go, make sure Alyss is alright, that there are no irregularities nor infections left... and the lights are out. I got a feeling I won't be waking up for a while after this..''

Robert frowned as he looked at Gregory for a split second, before getting back to work. He was damn sure the doctor meant all of this, but running a double take on his own powers/energy and doing a procedure at the same time was madness! The doc would go to extreme lenghts for his comrades...
Back to top Go down
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 am

Alyss smiled at the Doc, but bit her lip slightly when she saw the half empty bottle he encased in his hand. Looking up at the other Doctor, Aire, she motioned to the Doc and frowned slightly.
He merely shook his head and smiled at her, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

Alyss shut her eyes tightly as she felt a stinging warmth against her side, but opened them again as she realised there was no pain as the stitches went in. Her wounds began to repair and heal themselves as Gregory worked his magic.
She looked up at the handsome Aire, as he worked away at her side, a big smile on her face. He finished his work, with a neat flourish, snapping the surgical cord with deft fingers. She sat up shakily, smiling at the two doctors, her hand resting on her side.
"Thank you, so much. This is amazing." she said, jumping down from the table.
Spinning round in a circle, looking down at her large scar as it began to cover itself, she became slightly too dizzy and fell over her own feet onto the Doctor. Luckily, it was the Doctor she had hoped for.

"Oops, watch out darlin'." he mumbled, holding her up. Alyss felt a thrill run through her. Texan's were awfully delectable.
She blushed and looked over at Gregory, praying he wouldn't comment on the deep shade of maroon that donned her face.

"I think I need some new clothes." she said, gesturing to her blood stained attire.
She walked from the room, towards Gregory's living area, where she remembered the bathroom and closet bursting with clothes were. Gregory followed behind her, the bottle of vodka firmly grasped in his hand. Closing the door behind her she turned to Gregory and smiled widely.

"Well WHO is THAT?!" she whispered excitedly. "You have to set me up with that fine piece of Texas!"

Calming herself down quickly she realised why she liked this boy so much, he reminded her of Darren. She caught her breath and looked at Gregory, her mood instantly changed and her dark eyes filled with tears. "God. I'm a terrible stupid little whore, aren't I?" she said, her voice beginning to break. "No, no. I can't do- I'm not right- Emma's right. I'm a cold heartless little leech. I-i." Her voice broke down, stammering random letters. "P-p-people can't bear to even be around me, I-I just repulse everyone."
She gestured to the door, where Aire was banging around putting the instruments away, and calmed the shudders in her chest. "As if someone could like me, he is a decent man. I am a dead shell."

She ran her hands through her hair, letting out a slightly hysterical laugh. Turning away from Gregory, she wiped her tears away with a tiny pale hand. "The only thing left of my old life is this stupid body! This frail little being that I can't control, what's going on? Why am I still here? Why can't I just die?"

She sighed deeply and sat down on Gregory's sofa, wrapping her arms around her knees. "I just want him back." she said, calmly. "And I never will. Thanks to those bastards at the fucking Resistance!" her voice raised as she grew angry and she kicked her leg out stressfully, and banged it into the table, moving it forwards and almost into his TV. She lurched forwards and grabbed the edge and stopped it before it smashed into Gregory's flatscreen.
She smiled sheepishly at him and sniffed in tears. "Sorry." she blubbed, wiping her eyes.

(Also, if all goes well Robert Aire should be my 2nd Character soon. But you can RP as him at the moment. )
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 pm

( You got permission for that young lady, Rping as one from my department? Razz )

Gregory looked from Alyss to his bottle and back again. He scratched his beard a little and rubbed his eyes. He used them too much in the operation, but it worked, his comrade was fine. Well...almost.

''Two things. One. I am no psychologist, but it might be wise to visit one very soon. Two. The only life you are wasting is either mine or yourself, and it is not me. And you do not waste it by looking back, you waste it by not looking forward.''

Alyss looked at Gregory with a very significant look in her eyes. The doc was being a bit rude, but he had his reasons for that. He knew this was going to be as clear as a whistle, and not goingto cost a lot of time.

''I did not stitch you up with one of my newest comrades just for you to do this. It is a fact that you are a woman, I would have slammed a guy if he had done this. I will tell you now and I will not do so again. I am a bastard. You are a bastard. Aire is a bastard. We are all bastards. Some bastards save lives, some take it. It is the way of life itself. The only waste would be you not living yours...''

Gregory sighed and put the vodka away. There was no need for it anymore, he had more need for his shades. He grabbed them off the table and placed them over his weary eyes. He had to find a potion for it, they were killing him. Or he was killing himself, using them more then he wanted.

''You know what...just go outside and ask Aire out for some fun. A date or whatever. I will not introduce you, you aren't a kid anymore. You would not be a whore at all, thought I might smack you like one if you keep grinding yourself down and wasting our time.''

Gregory felt fatigue taking over. He had to end this quick, or he wasn't going to even make the couch...

''I got deal. You ask him out on a date...And he'll turn off all the lights in this place...and I will literally fall asleep after gently pushing you out...Deal?...Deal!''

Gregory literally threw Alyss over his shoulder and put her outside the living room without even thinking she needed new clothes. His theory was simple. Talking wouldn't do a thing for either him or Alyss, so action would. He closed his door. Alyss stood there, dumbfounded for a split second, but the silence was broken easily.

''Hello there...''

She turned around to see Robert Aire standing there. He had done all he was asked swiftly.

''He threw you out? Come, there's another spare clothes closet close to the coffee machine. There might be some for you in there. He's a weird man, but we always leave without any damage to our clothes...or spare clothes. Did he leave any last instructions for me by the way?''

The lights in the docs living room went out, and a small damp thud was heard...
Back to top Go down
Alyss Ray
Graphics Mod
Alyss Ray

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 am

Alyss turned around to look at Robert, a deep blush on her face. She ran her hand through her hair, making sure that there were no traces of tears left in her eyes.
Sheepishly blinking in the light she recalled Gregory's final words to her. "Yeah, um...yeah. He wanted you to turn out the lights before you left." she said, slightly confused to what had happened still.

Robert nodded at her firmly. "But now, to the issue of the clothes? Can't have you walking out of here covered in blood. You look like you've killed som-" he paused, raising an eyebrow.
Alyss blushed again and headed towards the closet near the coffee machine, as Robert had said earlier, hurriedly to avoid his gaze. He busied himself cleaning up the Doctors ample supply of alcohol as she ran to find new garments.

"So, what do you get up to here?" she asked, opening the closet door. She listened to him speak as she flipped through the clothes, jumpers....jeans....dresses.

"I help the Doc out with experiments, stuff like that really. I'm officially a medical student, the Government employed me to look after harmed Supers, etc. But I grew more interested in the work down here and well, I won't say all the explosions in here go unharmed. I tend to a lot of burns." he said, with a laugh.

Alyss smiled behind the door, touching a soft black jumper in her hand.

"I think this would suit you." A voice behind her said. Alyss jumped slightly and turned around, only to bump into the chest of Aire, who was standing straight behind her. He smiled down at her, reaching across her shoulder into the cupboard. His other arm leant on the top of the closet, he was a lot taller than her, at least 6ft something compared to her 5ft 3.
"Sorry, you startled me," she said, blinking rapidly.
"No problem. Sorry I startled you. Here." he said, leaning back, and taking a step away from her. Handing her the clothes he had picked out, he began to walk away, turning his back to her.
"Go ahead, I won't look." he said.

Alyss blushed and moved behind the closet door, as Robert sat on the sofa, facing away from her. She bit her lip as she undressed quickly, sticking her head out to make sure he wasn't looking towards the door. It's not like he could see through solid wood anyway, but....true to his word he wasn't looking anyway. Standing in her underwear, she examined the scars that riddled her body, sighing quietly. She pulled on the new clothes, just finding out what he had chosen for her. A golden coloured skirt with a dark bow on the top, and a black best top to tuck underneath it ((See new avatar)). A pair of dark tights tinted her legs and she slipped on some Black Van's trainers, to finish off.

Walking out from behind the door, and shutting it firmly she did a little twirl as Robert turned around.
"Wonderful." he said, giving her a big grin. Alyss chuckled and adjusted her skirt, nervously.

"Well, are there any blankets around here? I should probably bed down on the couch." she asked, smiling.

"Wait, you don't have a home?"

"Fraid not, my only ever home was destroyed in the First Battle."

"Well, um. If it's not too forward, you can have my spare room? I have such a big apartment, there really is no need of such space for just me. You could always...come stay with me for a while?" he asked, putting his hands in his pockets and grinning.

"That sounds perfect. Where is it?" she asked, a huge smile bursting onto her face.

"Intersection of 3rd and 5th." he replied, picking up what looked like a leather laptop case.

"Ah, yes. I know where. Well, yeah sure, that sounds lovely. Show me the way. And don't forget the lights." she said, happily.

The intersection of 3rd and 5th was very close to the Resistance HQ. Alyss smiled inwardly, two plus points had happened tonight. One, she was now living in a proper home, with a beautiful man who seemed to like her. And Two, Emma would be receiving a night time visit very, very soon.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 am

In his last moments of consciousness, Gregory heard Alyss talking to Robert and leaving.

''Note to self. Keep eye on new kid. Note to self...Bagpipe studio now definitely for spare room Alyss. Even the bottle of wine is rotting away in there. Like me... on the floor, and no picking up... Some comra..des...''

Gregory fell in a deep pain-induced sleep. His eyes had been a torment for some time, but this was excruciating. Gregory didn't move an inch that night, no stirring, no garbled speech, nothing. But deep inside him, his powers were evolving, changing...He had studied how powers developed and according to him, age seemed to matter a lot. Gregory was one of the oldest around with powers, but they didn't evolve. They assumed a different shape if you will.

Gregory had an uneasy dream, with three bottles of vodka in reach, filled with red blue and yellow colors. They were special types of vodka, one as tasty as the other, but every time Gregory would try to grab a bottle and take a big gulp, the booze just dissipated before reaching his tongue. And everytime the booze would evade his tongue, they'd fade out a little. Inventive as always Gregory mixed them until they were as black as the night. Now he was able to drink the vodka, but it didn't taste like vodka. It tasted empty.

It was a weird lucid dream, but when morning broke, Gregory woke up, to the surprise of his life. His body had completely healed and his powers were functioning normally, but one thing was different. No eyesight, everything was dark.

''Oh this is interesting...''

Gregory shook his head, slapped his cheek, rubbed his eyes but nothing seemed to work. A stinging pain in his right knee was felt due to the collapsing from the other night. He'd have to get a walking stick for that problem.

''Last resort. Amplification protocol...''

Gregory switched his powers on, multiplying the regenerative aspects of the human body, in this case his. Or moments, he could see, he could use his eyes again. But when he shut off the protocol, everything faded back to black again. Gregory stood up, and remembered his living room, stumbling to the huge spare clothes closet. He opened it and felt until he grabbed what he wanted. A walking cane. Gregory had noticed he could still see something, but it wasn't what he normally saw. He could see energies, flows, outlines...He reckoned this was the work of his powers vending in a different way. Up until now, Gregory had used his eyes for the use of his powers, but they could not handle the stress and probably collapsed. He would have to discover a cure for that later...He was quite amusing himself as he saw different things. They were good enough for him to move around, but he would now have a faithful companion in his walking cane. It would help him walk and identify vague parts he could hardly see with sound.

''Socrates was right. All we know for sure is that nothing is sure. I lose my eyes and I find new sight. Now on to some vodka, my dream made me thirsty..''

Gregory opened to the door, but with an 'Oeh!' went back in to retrieve his sunglasses. Now it was time for breakfast..and vodka. Gregory smiled.
Back to top Go down
Katsa
Co-Admin
Katsa

Bio
Codename: Cat
Allegiance : Super soldier with the army working with the government for now.

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:36 am

I walked, with the help of my crutches, into Gregory's lab. He calls it the department of problem solving, i call it the department of "blow everything to smithereens and see what happens". To tell you the truth, i down come here very often. I was either running around on a mission, skipping a meeting that i shouldn't be skipping, sleeping on the roof or a mixture of all three. but, the few times i have come down i see that it hasn't changed much. there are even scorch marks on the walls that i remember being there about two years ago.

i found Gregory in one of the staff rooms, rummaging through the frig. I walked in my usual soft and silent way so i wasn't surprised that he hadn't heard me. I leaned against to door way and waited for him to notice me.

watching him look through that frig is making me hungry... maybe i should go find some food after this. i thought and began to think of the things that i would like to eat. there where a lot. i chuckled to my self and then grimaced as i gave myself away oops, and i wanted to stand here and see how long it took for him to notice me i shrugged as Gregory whirled around and stood straighter with the help of my crutches. oh well.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Gregory returned to his own business and kept looking for food, but he couldnt resist to react on this intrusion.

''You do know that it's impolite to try to scare someone. You also know it's dangerous to scare me while I'm getting my food. And you also should know I am one of those supers that handle in energy, and yours was noticable enough....when you were 20 stores higher.''

Gregory grabbed what he was looking for. A good bottle of Vodka, a hunk of dry bread and a bottle of water. He already had a knife so he got up and walked to the table. He left the frig door open or Katsa to grab some food, there was enough for days.

''So...It's been a long time since you came by to say hello. I am only betting this is not the case. Too bad.''

Gregory sat down, and out of one pocket came a glass cup, out of the other came a knife. He didn't getch him a plaid, a plate or anything related. He stabbed the bread like it was some dead animal he needed to skin, and cut off a slack of the bread. He lled the cup with water, and commandeered the bread. After that, he drank his water, followed by a big gulp of the vodka bottle, sraight from the bottle. Katsa was quite surprised at this, it was kind of weird. Gregory felt Katsa standing still for a second and reacted.

''What? Never seen someone drink water cause this bread is so damn dry and then flush the water with some vodka? It's he only good part about this meagre meal...Vodka. Anyway, I'm kinda off duty for some days, but what can I do for you?''
Back to top Go down
Katsa
Co-Admin
Katsa

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

"being late for meetings and coming in through the window is also impolite but i still do it. old habits dye hard... not that im trying" i said with a grin on my face. "as for my energy, well, of course its bright, im a bright person" i said shrugging as if this was obvious.

I watched Gregory find what he was looking for which appeared to be a a bottle of vodka, a hunk of bread and a glass of water. Not the most wholsome meal if you ask me but to each his own as they say. Anyway, i went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water (it didn't seem like he cared). Gregory had already sat down at the table and was digging in. I watched as he stabbed the bread like it was some dead animal he needed to skin, and cut off a large slice of the bread. He dug into the bread and after that, he drank his water. All this was followed by a big gulp of vodka straight from the bottle. I had been on my way to join him at the table but stopped in shock. wow, he really loves his vodka i thought and shook my head crazy Russian

It seemed like he had read my mind because he said ''What? Never seen someone drink water cause this bread is so damn dry and then flush the water with some vodka? It's he only good part about this meager meal...Vodka. Anyway, I'm kinda off duty for some days, but what can I do for you?''

I had to smile. He was still the same, no matter how long it had been since i had seen him. I shook my head again and the joined him at the table. I took a swig from my water bottle, put it down and stared at him for a minute before beginning.

"ok, so, here's the thing. As Radiant was bringing me home from the raid for treatment for my injuries" lifting my crutch in emphasis "He noticed that there was someone following us. Radiant went to investigate and even though i was in the care still i could see the guys face and recognized him. his name is John and i had met him in a bar. He said that he was a following us because he had recognized me and could see that i was injured however i later found out that was not true. Long story short, he ended up telling my that he had lost most of his memory. He had been following us because he was hoping that we could lead him to you. He told me that he believes that you might know something about his memory loss and who he is. This is why i am here. John has asked me to organize a meeting between the three of us so that he can ask you a few question. " i stopped for a second so that he could digest this... and the food/vodka that he was wolfing down. "Are you willing?"

I had leaned back into a comfortable position while i talked but i sat forward, took a swig of water and waited for his answer.

Last edited by Katsa on Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:49 pm

((He's Russian!!! Gah! Razz))

''Willing. No.''

Katsa hadn't expected Gregory to answer so soon. He took another slack of bread and downed it in mere seconds before getting some more vodka in his system, straight out of the bottle. After that, he grabbed his came and walked to the edge of his staff room. He could see his employees were working hard on their next project. Under his crazy guidance, they would soon be transferred to be masters of their own department. Only Robinson seemed to really not like that. Gregory sighed and and turned to Katsa.

''I couldn't care less about some guy who followed you in and after a battle who has memory loss and rides a bike in search of me. If he had been somewhat bright, he had either barged in here or simply e- mailed me. And I might still refuse. You must understand that I do not deny any their rightful property, be it material or state of mind, but if I accept any and every request that some moron throws at me, saying he knew me in some sort of way...No. It's no. I might have met him in a bar, you said something about that. I never go to bars again, I get there once and everyone says they know me. Besides...how can I waste my time on some mere questions when I spend my free days in my bagpipe recording studio? And don't bother to get me off work for some..questions.''

Gregory took a gulp of water. He looked at Katsa for some time, breathing slow and heavy. He rubbed the area inbetween his eyes and around his nose, as if he had a headache or was tired.

''I had expected some nice request from you. You of all people. New functional clothing. New weapons. A problem that needed solving. Some irregular problem or formula that needed solving...How do you know this guy can be trusted? Had he done everything so far to reclaim his memory? And so on...''
Back to top Go down
Katsa
Co-Admin
Katsa

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:15 am

When he said no i could feel my eye twitch as i tried to hold the irritation that was leaking in from showing.

i sat with my legs crossed as watched him walk over to the edge of his staff room and watched his staff. he turned back to me at i let him rant. As he went on though, i started to grind my teeth slightly and my eye twitched again. I was becoming slightly more irritated by the minute. I mean, you would think i had asked him to go save 100 people from a burning house and then run a triathlon for good measure.

He finished his long winded refusal and then sat there looking at me. I was sure that some of my irritation was leaking through but i could no longer hold my face completely together. If i was known for my ever present grin and joking personality, i was also known for my sudden mood swings and temper.

''I had expected some nice request from you. You of all people. New functional clothing. New weapons. A problem that needed solving. Some irregular problem or formula that needed solving...How do you know this guy can be trusted? Had he done everything so far to reclaim his memory? And so on...'' he said and i twitched. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my self and after a minute i uncrossed my legs and sat forward.

I rubbed my temple as i spoke. "look, i don't know what he has done to reclaim his memory but, personally, i think that by asking me to find you he is at least doing something. As for the trusting issue, that is why i will be there. what, did you think i was going for fun? you know me better the that." My voice was not as friendly as it usually was but who could blame me. John was needed some help, i wanted to help him and Gregory was being a big bloody nincompoop. "Now, I realize that you could probably take care of yourself but as my specialty is armed combat i though i might be of some help" i said slightly sarcastically. 'some' help, Huh. a lot of help more like.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Gregory

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:36 pm

''Yup, you could probably wipe half the building if you wanted without even blinking, but that is not the point. What if he explicitely wants me? Like some Resistance trap. One quick movement and you may cremate my Russian body....or he can take me hostage.. However, that's not even my main concern. I am not some do-gooder. I blow stuff up. There is no impulse for me to do this, there's no reason for me to...Nor is there for you!''

Gregory's tone was serious. He felt like he had better times to do then play with someone's synapsis' energy dispension, activating their primary brain functions into the slightest of detail is remembered. It wasn't just dangerous, it was not what he was interested in, it was not what he was paid for...and it was not how this stubborn Russian had planned to spend his day off.
Back to top Go down
Katsa
Co-Admin
Katsa

Bio

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:58 am

I sighed. i didn't feel like arguing the point with a Russion who was not going to help even if i shot him in the head... which i felt like doing at this very moment. I like to think that the only thing stopping me was that i did not have a gun at the moment. I had a dagger but that was messy.

I stood up and rubbed my temples. "Look you. who said you had to do it today or this week even. If i was at my usual strength i would stay and argue with you till the cows came home. i might even snap and drag you out of here kicking and screaming. As it is, i don't feel like it and personally i don't even know why i expected anything different. I was sort of hoping that you might just do this for me, cause i asked? Good bye Gregory you stubborn Russion. i said shaking my head and started for the door. He had mentioned before that he had expected me to want new Armour or weapons and now that i think of it i could do with some new Armour but frankly i didn't feel like asking him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Department of ''Problem Solving''   Department of ''Problem Solving'' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Department of ''Problem Solving''
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Chronicles of the Genesis Project :: The future :: Headquarters of The Government-
Jump to: